If you’re looking for a new gay cam site, then you won’t find it here, GayCams.com is not original by any means, but it’s still worth taking a look. You should know that in all actuality there is nothing wrong with it, you’re not going to get scammed, and you can rest assured that the shows are going to be enjoyable, but, there are still some things worth looking into before you make a decision.
Overall, if you want to get a taste of what these shows really have to offer, then make sure to visit Streamen.com which is the original site. Fingers crossed for this one because we can only hope that all the things we like about Streamen.com are left untouched.
There’s not much changed here, and it’s for the best, although you do get some extra visibility since they’ve moved the categories up to the navigation bar. This is mostly a good change, some might like their porn sites the way they are, but we have to give credit where credit is due, this is a breath of fresh air.
Other than that, not much is changed, the filtering options are still the same as the original, although it would make no sense to change it at all either way. For the easier process of picking the type of a hunk and the show, the filters go as following:
- Guys – Mostly focused on the body and show types, all the good stuff from Asian to Black studs and Twinks to Mature guys, the choice is yours.
- Friends – Shows which are usually just for chatting, maybe you’re trying to rack up the courage for your next visit to the gay bar and need to practice your social skills with absolute hunks? This is where you find them.
- Recent – Pretty much self-explanatory, all the Categories you’ve visited recently will be shown here.
- Usually where you pinpoint your search to certain types of shows, HD, Audio, Phone, Party Chat, and Gold Shows.
- Models over here come from all corners of the world, and you’ll have the luxury of picking them from any continent in the world!
- A lot of the countries, and even more languages, lucky for us these guys aren’t just pretty faces, they are usually bilingual, smart, and love to talk in languages other than English, like French or Spanish, which can sound hot even if you don’t understand them.
Models and Shows
There’s nothing without the gay cam models, and oh boy, we can thank Streamen for that one because they’re going into private shows like hotcakes. But let’s keep our cool, GayCams is not that keen on listing all of the models, some are left out, purposely or not it doesn’t matter, but your choices will be cut in half.
Still, if you’re not that picky, and want to try out something new, then you could use some of the information that’s listed right on the chat room before even entering, there you’ve got:
The name of the country they are streaming from
- Hey, we all have our cravings, sometimes it’s a hot-blooded Latino, other times, it’s mild-mannered Asian boys.
How old they are
- Sometimes it’s not enough to take a look, you would be surprised how many older hunks looking like 30-year-olds there are out there.
The type of show (regular or gold).
- Gold shows are the best value-for-money options, so you might find them a good way to start.
Let’s say you’ve picked your poison, there’s a certain guy just for you, what can you expect from a show? Well, everything you would if you were to go on Streamen, but there’s a little catch, the quality of service from the site can be horrendous on GayCams, usually not good enough to translate the beauty and depth of its original.
The options are pretty standard, from volume control to gold tipping, and of course, the private shows. Those work as intended, but the resolution could vary, sometimes going back all the way to 240p, which is an unacceptable number of pixels for a BBC, so in hindsight, it can be annoying.
Payment Options and Customer Support
You already know that all of these sites are focused on making a bank, so you’re usually going to find more than one payment option. It doesn’t hurt to go incognito on your browser, but let’s face it, some of you don’t want to be traced so they use the alternatives to Credit Cards and Prepaid Cards, which is where PayPal steps in, what more could you want?
One issue I’ve repeatedly faced is the annoying pop-ups whenever I’d click around, leading you to another website, hot singles in your area type of a deal. That’s the one that usually deters potential customers from chipping in, and overall, it’s a bad practice, but there’s always customer support to step in, right?
Wrong, it’s just a placeholder button that wastes your time, and compared to Streamen, that is a total disgrace. We can’t all be perfect, and sometimes copying perfect doesn’t work half as well as you would expect it to, which is what GayCams.com is, a cheap copy of another cam site.
Apart from the first impression, GayCams.com has managed to fail on almost all other fields, the prices of the shows are still the same, starting at $1 per minute, but you’re essentially not getting the same product.
There is a long way to go before it becomes a worthwhile replacement, but until then, switch your focus to Streamen.com, and reap the full benefits of using one of the best gay cam sites out there.